Welcome to the saga of our family!! Enjoy the ride!

Monday, December 28, 2009

It was a VERY Merry Christmas!!




We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas this year. We sure did!! Despite the loss of my Dad, we were able to celebrate and enjoy our day..although we were definitely missing him!! Before Papa Joe passed, he had told my brother where he kept money hidden for the kids birthdays and Christmas gifts (he didn't like banks and liked to keep cash on hand) so, even though my dad was gone, the kids still received a gift from him this year.
The only thing we asked to kids to do with their money was to buy something that Papa Joe would approve of. Everyone agreed to not WASTE it on silly things. As for my babies, Raidon will be getting his first fishing pole and sleeping bag and Reedley will be getting a new tent and sleeping bag. Camping and fishing were things that my Dad was very passionate about. All of the vacations that I remember as a child included the family trailer and some body of water (usually a lake). I dreamed of the day that my Dad would take my kids fishing and since that won't happen, we are making sure that Dad is present through his gift of money.
Anyway, we wish you all a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year!!

Love,
Us

0 comments:

Post a Comment


The kids coloring Easter eggs!